How to Create a Room Block
All Nickel City Hockey tournaments have a “Stay to Play” policy. Booking outside of the available room blocks is prohibited and will result in disqualification from the event.
Any team whose home arena is more than 80 miles from the primary tournament rink and/or has a drive time exceeding one hour and thirty minutes will be considered an "out of town" team and will be required to comply with our hotel policies and procedures. There are no exceptions.
Please do not contact hotels directly, as team reservations must be made via Nickel City Hockey. If you book with the hotel directly, your reservation will be cancelled once the final team rooming lists are passed on to the hotels.
Steps to Book
1. The team Coach or Manager will contact the Tournament Director, and/or use the appropriate hotel link, to set up a group block at one of our hotel options. Coaches/Managers will be responsible for communicating approximately how many rooms will be needed for the team room block.
2. From the list of available hotels, select a property that has enough rooms to accommodate your team's needs. Some hotels may require a portion of the payment to be collected at the time of booking, while others will collect the full payment upon arrival.
3. Once your ideal hotel is selected, you will receive booking link that allows 14 days for your team members to make their reservations. Team members will receive the booking link from the Coach/Manager, and book accordingly. Once a reservation is booked, a confirmation email will be received.
*Hotels will not have your registration in their registration system until 14 days prior to the start of the tournament.*
4. If you are looking to cancel your room entirely, you must cancel prior to your hotel’s unique cancellation date. Please pay close attention to your hotel's cancellation date, as your reservation will no longer be adjustable after this point.
5. Once the schedule is released, please Call the Hotel Directly to make any changes to your reservation (ex. add/remove date during stay). DO NOT call Nickel City Hockey regarding these changes, as the hotels will be handling all adjustments to your reservation after the release of the schedule.
What is My Hotel deposit?
Many hotels require a deposit to secure the booking during an event. This deposit is a portion of the total cost of your stay, and it is included in the advertised rate that you see when making the reservation. Deposits ensure that the hotel has a guarantee, and discourages no-shows or cancellations. Your deposit can vary depending on the tournament you are attending.
When you arrive at the hotel, the remaining balance of your room rate should be charged to your credit card, or paid in cash. This remaining balance should be the advertised room rate minus the deposit that you already paid. It is important to note that your hotel deposit can be refunded only before your unique booking cutoff.