Stay to Play Policy
This event has a “Stay to Play" hotel policy. All attendees/groups in need of hotels are required to book them through our housing partner, Pellucid Travel, in order to participate in the tournament.
This policy helps to ensure sufficient availability at quality hotels, and the best available rates.
All Nickel City Hockey tournaments have a “Stay to Play” policy. Booking outside of the available room blocks is prohibited and will result in disqualification from the event.
Any team whose home arena is more than 80 miles from the primary tournament rink and/or has a drive time exceeding one hour and thirty minutes will be considered an "out of town" team and will be required to comply with our hotel policies and procedures. There are no exceptions.
Please do not contact hotels directly, as team reservations must be made via Nickel City Hockey. If you book with the hotel directly, your reservation will be cancelled once the final team rooming lists are passed on to the hotels.
Steps to Book
1. The team Coach or Manager will contact the Tournament Director, and/or use the appropriate hotel link, to set up a group block at one of our hotel options. Coaches/Managers will be responsible for communicating approximately how many rooms will be needed for the team room block.
2. From the list of available hotels, select a property that has enough rooms to accommodate your team's needs. Some hotels may require a portion of the payment to be collected at the time of booking, while others will collect the full payment upon arrival.
3. Once your ideal hotel is selected, the Tournament Director will approve the request, and set up a booking link that allows 10 days to make a reservation. Team members will receive the booking link from the Coach/Manager, and book accordingly. Once a reservation is booked, a confirmation email will be received.
*Hotels will not have your registration in their registration system until 14 days prior to the start of the tournament.*
4. If you are looking to cancel your room entirely, you must cancel prior to your hotel’s unique cancellation date. Please pay close attention to your hotel's cancellation date, as your reservation will no longer be adjustable after this point.
5. Once the schedule is released, please Call the Hotel Directly to make any changes to your reservation (ex. add/remove date during stay). DO NOT call Lucid Travel, GameTime Travel (Utica events), or Nickel City Hockey regarding these changes, as the hotels will be handling all adjustments to your reservation after the release of the schedule.